This is a question that is often asked. Ignorance of the differences between Protestant and Roman Catholics is such that some believe that Protestants deny the virgin birth of Jesus Christ , which is completely false! Protestants believe that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and honor the memory of Mary, but do not pray to her and do not make a statue to obey the biblical commands.
Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox Christians
Christian = who believes in Christ (Jesus)
Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox Christians, because they believe in Jesus and recognize him as the Messiah (Savior).
A Catholic is therefore a Christian, but a Christian is not necessarily Catholic (he may be Protestant or Orthodox).
On the other hand we can carry the name of “Christian” without practicing or without living faith: we will then speak of “nominal Christians”.
Christ said: To enter the kingdom of heaven, it is not enough to say to me, “Lord, Lord!” It is necessary to fulfill the will of my heavenly Father.
Differences between Catholics and Protestants
- Catholics see in the Virgin Mary the immaculate conception (conceived without sin, dogma promulgated in 1854) and ascended to heaven (dogma promulgated by the Catholic Church in 1950), Protestants see in her a woman blessed and chosen by God as mother of the Messiah, only virgin until the birth of Jesus.
- Catholics are subject to the pope considered infallible (dogma promulgated in 1870), priests have no right to marry (since the Gregorian reform in the eleventh century); Protestants do not recognize the pope and allow the marriage of pastors.
- the prayers of the Catholics are addressed to God, Mary and the Saints, those of the Protestants only to God.
- Roman Catholics venerate images and relics (since the Council of Nicaea II in 787), Protestants no.
- Roman Catholics believe in purgatory (relief of the dead by money and the prayer of the living) Dogma promulgated at the Council of Florence in 1439), Protestants no.
- Roman Catholics believe in the transubstantiation (substance of the bread of the host converted into the flesh of Christ Dogma promulgated at the Lateran Council IV in 1215), the Protestants no.
- Catholics recognize 72 books in the Bible, plus the oral tradition that accompanies it. Protestants recognize only 66, the “deuterocanonical” books promulgated canonical at the Council of Trent (sixteenth century) being considered apocryphal ; Protestants advocate individual reading of the Bible while Catholics refer to priests instead.
- Catholics believe that the faithful are saved by the Works, Protestants believe that only the grace of God can save them.
Protestants reject innovations to the Catholic faith over the centuries. In this they are in line with the archbishop Claude of Turin (ninth century) and the Waldensian movement that followed. Here the good news for the christain people is Good Friday 2018 is coming on next 30th march 2018. You may visit Good Friday Morning to download the latest Good Friday Images from Google. Visit and Enjoy Good Friday 2018..